Thursday, September 24, 2009

When did the word Simple Disappear?


Mix Media on Birch Panel.
Simple where did it go? I was sitting in my studio looking at this piece of wood. I had put layers of paint and taken them off I tried to add a transfer image, it did not work and when I pull it off,
it left the shape of a house. A simple modest house.
I have lost that word. I can not seem to find it in my life.. When did it disappear, I do not remember. Was it years ago or only a short time. When was life just simple and easy. When you went through the day with out worry and stress and sadness and anger. I need to find that time again. Where does one begin? I suppose I am asking and yet knowing no one can answer that for me except me.
I do not know where to begin. So I begin with a piece of art. Where for me that is where every thing begins and ends as an artist but as a person I do not have a clue...
I want to say thanks again for all comments on my blog.. I really do appreciate you taking the time. I know we all have pains and sorrows and I know I am not alone because I know this by reading all those blogs out there. I pray that all of you out there that are going through situations of pain either physical or mental. That some how you find how to make things in your life simple.. So you can lay all your worries down and make the pain go away. I wish I had the answers but I do not..If someone else has the answers, please share with those who do not... LOL.....
May you always dream in color and may you find your way back to the simple things in life.
Katelen

13 comments:

Trée said...

Love the work you are doing here. Creative and original and gorgeous. I love simple. I think I am happiest when life is uncluttered. Thanks for the visit. Always appreciated. :-)

Everydaythings said...

as you know I went on a trip... and this has been the first trip I can class as simple and wonderful since I dont know when I had lots of issues with my parents awful health probs. You too will dream in colour again! All I can say - that there is hope even when the dreams fade and that every cloud DOES have a silver lining only we have to be patient to see what it is. Sorry end of my wise words!!!

Karen Cole said...

Yes Katelen, I love that concept. Simple. You said it very well.

Glad I could take you with me to Squam.

Caio Fern said...

this work is incredible Katelen . this raw sincerety is a quality so hard to reach . and the beauty is there , facing the viewer ....
thank you for have posted this today .

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Katelen, This is a beautiful piece..."Simple" is a true prayer...thank you for sharing your thoughts as well.
I'm finding my life to be more peaceful and calm in spite of circumstances...maybe it's an age thing?!

Susie Hemingway said...

There is no answer Katelen, well no simple answer really - I do love your art work btw -we just do our best everyday and cope with the life that has arrived for us now. Strange how you never imaging doing or having this somewhat difficult and different life that came from nowhere!. Still caring can bring other things perhaps - it opens blinkered eyes that never saw such suffering, makes you stronger ( such strength you never believed you had) allows you to meet and come-across folk that are following s similar journey as you.
I love your blog and will return again if I may - I wish you strength snd every good wish. 'Simple' has vanished for a time at least.

Anonymous said...

Your art is an insiration and so special to read and se your blog.
Here in blogland we keep it simple and loving!
Bless you so much!

Janet said...

I would love to find a simpler life. Your art is anything but simple! I love it.

pinkglitterfae said...

keep on going, that's the only thing I can offer. Immerse yourself with your art, get your thoughts on paper if you can, that has always helped me in the past, and don't forget to take breaks daily, to just sit, and breathe. This too shall pass, hang in there sweetie!
xoxo

The Artful Eye said...

Technology took away simple. We need to get it back.

Thank you for these reminders and wonderful words. Wishing you peace and well being..

Karin Bartimole said...

Strong message in a 'simple' and straight forward piece of art - well done Katelen! I'm sorry for your suffering. You are such a generous spirit - I send hugs and wishes for more peaceful times. best to you, Karin

GalleryJuana said...

Thank you for your visits to my blog and your kind comments. We seem to be in the same boat: wanting to simplify our life.

As you mentioned in your comment to me, we always have the memories even if we don't have the actual item.

I think our life becomes complicated because saying goodbye to things or people is really difficult.

readingsully2 said...

These are gorgeous.