Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sketch Book Sunday

Sketch book and looking close the eyes are not even.LOL... In life is there a perfect set of eyes? Not perfect yet they seem to fit the face...

So we go on to the nose, it seems to fit and then there are the lips..Yes a little bit crooked... or is just mischief....

Then you put them all together, Is it a perfect face..No,but it all goes together. I know you can not see all over the face and around I sketch leaves and foliage.. I wanted her to be covered in a veil of greenery. One day maybe I shall try to paint her coming out from the trees a Forest fairy taking a look into the world outside the forest. I see it can you ? Looking out from the deep green forest with beautiful shades of green surrounding her and a light veil of vines covering her. We shall see but for today she is just waiting in my sketch book.
Thank you for stopping by and looking in.. I do appreciate all the comments and just the ones who stop in to take a look.
May you always dream in color.
Katelen

14 comments:

Caio Fern said...

real faces aren't so prefect or proportional .... but it fits perfectly , in life and painting .
i like to see her interacting with the plants and forms ... all together ....
this work is so beautiful and generous !!

thank you for this Katelen ...
have a lovely week with lots of good feelings and good surprises !

DJ said...

I love the green veil/vines you have around her...makes me think of the coming spring...and the possibilities of renewal...
Well done!

Manon said...

I also like the vines that you've got going on here. Nice eyes and lips!
Hope you had a great weekend, Katelen!!

Caterina Giglio said...

I love the vines and NO ONE has even eyes! the right and left side are always different!

Janet said...

I don't think eyes are ever perfectly even! Mine are on two different levels. If you made them too perfect they wouldn't look realistic. I love the vines and foliage all around her. Great sketch!!

ColeAndJosephine said...

I like her jaunty smirk!

beth said...

this is an amazing face...coming from a girl who has taken two face painting classes with misty mawn and still can't paint a face.....nope, I just can't do it....good for you !

Anonymous said...

i can see it too! an artist's vision...what a gift! she'll wait patiently in your sketch book for that day when you decide to bring her to life on canvas!!!!

thanks for coming by today...always a pleasure hearing from you!

i listed on my etsy site, finally!!!

go carmelina....go poetic artist!! I love blogland!
ciao bella

Unknown said...

Your Mom speaking of gardening is exactly my mother too. She is the happiest when she is outside digging and planting in her garden. You said it so beautifully.
And the portrait and what you have written about it is very lovely.

Odd Chick said...

THis is a really great face and I love the ideas you have of the forest fairy. SHe does have quite a mystery about her. I also enjoyed your earlier posts and acrylic painting about taking something painful and making something beautiful out of it.

~Babs said...

I agree that the near perfect face is a smiling one.
Love your sketching, Katelen!

Anonymous said...

i really like her, its simple and yet so full of character x

Noelle Dunn.... A Poet in Progress said...

Yes, wonderful! You are gifted in so many ways. I do love the idea of a forest fairy - I'm all about magic and whimsy. Oh, and no two eyes are exactly even anyway. Perfection, in my opinion. :) take care.

becky aka theRAV said...

I loved the eyes! At 1st I thought it was going to be a self portrait after having read the post where you had your own eyes posted. Eyes are hard to get even. I rarely succeed at this. I don't think anyone's eyes are perfect. I like you idea about the foliage. Cool! Can't wait til you do it!