Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The View from under the Rocks

This is a 18x24 on Canvas. I wish I could get a better shot of this but it seems I can not.
For it seems I am not one who paints pretty faces and beautiful scenes.. I have discovered it is not who I am. I am abstract and hidden words that may be seen or could be seen. Life is a discovery of who we are. For now I feel I am looking out from under the rocks trying to see my way. Yes, it seems like a heavy load and I think there are days I can not lift them off. So instead of trying to carrying the load, I have discovered to breathe and enjoy the view.
So you see there is beauty even in the hard times in our life. We just have to find them.
I keep trying to do all this on my own instead of asking God for the help..
So I realized in this piece, God said do not carry the load of rocks, give me the weight. You just enjoy the view .
I hope you enjoy the view from under the rocks.

May you always dream in color,
Katelen

15 comments:

Mary said...

Yes Katelen, God can and does carry the load, and in doing so he sometimes uses others. If I can help in any way let me know.

I love your abstracts, and how God speaks to you through them.

Blessings!

Janet said...

There are enough people who paint pretty faces and beautiful scenes. I love your abstract work and this piece has so much great texture. I wish I could touch it. The colors remind me of fall.

Leslie Avon Miller said...

What a good point - there are enough paintings of objective subjects. For those of us who love intuitive painting, your work is more satisfying.

Sylvie Van Hulle said...

'So you see there is beauty even in the hard times in our life. We just have to find them.'
So true! I enjoyed reading this post.
Lovely abstract work!

Everydaythings said...

I find abstract and hidden meanings far more interesting as you have to sometimes do some thinking about the piece - its not obvious. I like these earthy autumny colours too.

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

There is always beauty. I think this piece is remarkable...I clicked to enlarge and found many layers and color...earthy, yes!

Anonymous said...

this is a ver lovely piece. the enlarged version makes it appear so much more deep, textural and colorful. i really like it.

Unknown said...

Love this, Katelen.

pchickki said...

Very well said!
Love the art.
Hugs
Patti

Campbell Jane said...

Your painting & the post is beautiful!

artsyheidi said...

Beautiful art. Beautiful person. Thanks for your inspirational words.

I love the texture on this piece. Did you use textured papers layered over and under colored paints? Very nice, and it does look very "rock"-like... reminds me of granite.

BLUEYEDUCKstudios said...

excellent

xo

jgr said...

This is just gorgeous! You are very wise, to be so conscious of beauty during the tough times in life.

Seth said...

Such a menaingful post. Thought full words and such a brilliant surface on the artwork.

CountryDreaming said...

So much wisdom here.
And beauty, too.