Monday, May 11, 2009

GETTING A GLIMPSE THROUGH THE GARDEN GATE


Mixed Media 10x15 on canvas board...This is really for my mom..She loves flowers and the planting of them and the joy of watching them grow..All my life I remember my mom planting, digging in the earth. She still loves those things but is unable to do the things she loves.. So now, I plant them for her . I am not a gardener and the extent of planting for me is to put flowers into garden planters and water..So another thing is life my mom has taught me, to touch the earth to feel the dirt in your hands, to take the smallest of seeds and place into the soil and cover and then slowly water. Then you wait to see them grow and and realize those small seeds you planted have grown up to be beautiful flowers.. Another miracle of life..Also the joy of making my mom happy.
For us to sit together and watch the flowers grow.
Thanks for stopping by and may your garden be filled with love.
Katelen

6 comments:

CountryDreaming said...

The flowers that look like Black-eyed Susans are especially pretty, love the shape. Planting flowers within paintings is another very meaningful way of gardening.

GalleryJuana said...

Thanks for coming by my blog. I added your blog to my google reader, so I'll be round for a visit again.

This art piece is beautiful and the layers of color and imagery really keep my eyes wandering throughout the painting.

This post is a beautiful tribute to your Mother.

Unknown said...

So lovely -"to sit together and watch the flowers grow."

Manon said...

Wonderful piece and post!

Janet said...

This piece is beautiful! The colors are so juicy and vibrant and I love all the layers.

Sharon Tomlinson said...

This is so wonderful and I bet your Mom loves it. Beautiful colors and the gate is perfect addition.