Friday, May 22, 2009

Studio Inspiration for Creative Spirits

So I have not been able to do a lot of painting but I thought I would show a piece I made with hand made paper.. Which is made out of Johnson grass. After making the paper I formed the bowl and then after it dried, I used some old wire and placed more of the same paper around it. I then filled it with arrow heads and feathers.. I have one little area in my studio. That I place rocks that I have collected and the ones that was my Dad's. These arrow heads belong to him.. I always called this shelf area my spirit area.. I will share that space with you one day..I suppose it reminds me of my Dad. He is the one who taught me to love rocks. He could find amazing rocks. So I continue to look for rocks. Even though I have yet to find one that is as good as his...He was a a great rock finder..
Among so many other things. Again as I have said in my blog before. It is the simple things in life that are the most important.

Have a great Memorial Weekend.

May you always dream in color,
Katelen

6 comments:

readingsully2 said...

It is lovely and sentimental. :)

Katherine said...

What a creative way to honor memorial day with this post.

rivergardenstudio said...

This bowl is very beautiful and your words are very moving about your father. I find your work to be so unique and lovely. Roxanne

GalleryJuana said...

Cool bowl!

Every Photo Tells A Story said...

I love rocks, too, Katelen:) I thought I was the only one. Ever since I was a little girl.

That hand made paper has such great texture, and what a great way to celebrate your father!

Ok, be well.

Nancy

Crafty Green Poet said...

I'm very impressed by the handmade paper in this piece...