Tuesday, April 28, 2009

SECRETS

12x12 on wood. Acrylic. This is a piece I have had for awhile. Since I am thrifty, I picked up these pieces of just plywood. Started painting on them.. The color and the darkness made me think of secrets. We all have them, and we try to hide them in the shadows of colors trying to camouflage or to hide them in the dark trying to cover them up. Hey, but you know they always seem to come out in the light. That circle of brightness. Saying here I am all your SECRETS .

I suppose I always have to put a story with all my art. It just is the writer in me. I am sorry if I bore you with my words. If so just say stop all the words. The fact is if I stopped my words, my art would not exist. Because to me they are both one in the same.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look at my blog. I really do appreciate all that have been so kind and making me feel welcome. I am still so not sure if I have the right to call my self a artist. When I look at all the amazing talent out there. I still have yet to put prices on my pieces. For I have a problem with the value of them. We put our heart in soul into a piece. Then we have to put a price on it. How do you do that?

May you always dream in color,
Katelen

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Keep with the words as well - they are all part of the same thing. YOU! And I like having both.

Bridgette Guerzon Mills said...

hi katelen, thank you for your comment and I agree with you. Time is sometimes the best thing to finish up a piece.

I put words and stories to my work to. That's just the way we are! It's a good thing. :) It helps me to write things out to better understand my paintings somtimes. And vice-versa.
Being an "artist" is more about how one sees the world and transorming that view into something else- a poem, a painting, a song, etc. It's as simple as that. :)

Janet said...

The words add so much to your art. And never doubt that you are an artist! Your work is beautiful and has a lot of meaning in it. I think putting a price on art is only the commercial part of it and should never be the deciding factor as to whether or not you're a "real" artist.