Sunday, July 26, 2009

Believers of Three

This piece is done in acrylic on canvas 12x15..When I did this piece I really did not what I was thinking.. I just stopped after a while and looked at it and said I think It is finished and I placed it up on the wall of shame that it is what I call it in my studio.. Since I want get out and try to sell my work.. I just share it with all you blogger's and lookers out in this world.. I am really getting to have to many pieces. So I need a lot bigger wall. Or should I try to sell?
So if you read my blog, you know I do believe in dreams and dreaming in color. So for awhile I have not been dreaming.. Reason not really for certain. Stress, Tired, Not really sleeping, what ever causes it..I am sure I could go into a scientific research but since I do not go there and stick to what I feel. I will continue in that directions. OK so I am talking and rambling..
Get to this piece and dreaming.. So have you ever dreamed a dream 3 times. The same people are in the dream and the same reason is behind the dream. Yet the surrounding is different. They say things happen in 3's. This piece supports the 3's.. Three suns and 3 large drops of paint that I spilled on the canvas and they just began to run. So I left them..LOL!!!.. That is how this piece was created..Remember the 3's.
So if you are a believer in 3's. You know who you are.
So what does this piece have any thing to do with my dream.. Nothing , maybe.
But it makes you think?

May you always dream in color.
Katelen

8 comments:

notmassproduced said...

if you wanna sell your work then sell your work! it's scary the first time you approach galleries or set yourself out at a fair but soon you realise that some will like your work and other's won't. The only thing that matters is that you do! If I had a wall of shame it would be longer than the great wall of China! Go for it!

Mary said...

I like this piece. I love yellow and red together - and love threes!!! Father, Son, Spirt!!!!

Hugs!!

Renee said...

Anything containing the number 3 interests me.

Your art is wonderful.

I want to thank you for stopping by the other day and leaving me positive thoughts.

Renee xoxo

Heather said...

very pretty and rich colors~

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Selling art is a good spirit lifter. I like the freedom of this piece!
I dream in color and I have people, places that I return to but each dream stands on it's own. I like waking up and then returning to the dream and dreaming on further...fun!

Umā said...

I go through periods of not dreaming sometimes and miss it terribly. Taking melatonin (herbal) before bed helps to induce dreams, but you to have 7 or 8 hours of sleep time ahead of you so you don't wake up groggy from it (at least I do).

Like others here I would encourage you to sell your art!

Sylvie Van Hulle said...

Hi, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I love your posts, and I recognize a lot of myself in the things you write. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Your paintings are wonderful!

And do sell your work!! It gives so much satisfaction and a reason to go on and make more paintings.

CountryDreaming said...

Yes, please do sell your art! I for one hope you will also offer ACEOs. :-)