Thursday, July 30, 2009

FAMILY!!!!!!!!!

This is a collage piece done on canvas board using wax..The photograph is a transfer. I used from a suitcase of family photos but no one will claim them.LOL.. I do wonder who they are but time has passed and the history is lost.. To me they just looked like gamblers and so that is how I portrayed them.. I hope they would not be mad and think it funny that I see them in this way.
They probably were just good friends hanging out trying to look cool. You might want to click on this to get a better view.

So today was a busy day. My Mom wanted to go and pick out new finger nail polish. She loves to paint her nails and loves for me to paint them. So on our trip..I had to paint every finger on one hand a different color, so she could see how they looked..She choose lavender, blue and a pumpkin orange. It was so much fun to watch my mom smile . Now she wants me to go buy her shoes to match..LOL>> Want that be fun looking for shoes in those colors.
God blessed me again today by giving me memories to cherish.
So tomorrow I shall be painting but it will be fingers and toes..

May you always dream in color.
Katelen

6 comments:

Ro Bruhn said...

Lovely composition and texture and great photo, they look like they are having a good time. Thanks for your kind comments on my blog.

Anu Lal said...

Superb composition. I am really impressed. Keep this good work going.

Mary said...

Oh I love that your Mama like her nails and toes polished!! How cool she likes blue!! I personally love blue polish on my toes!! :)

My mom is 91. On her 90th birthday we took her to get new comfy shoes - she has a hard time walking. Anyway she did not like how the comfy ones looked. They were not pretty. I loved how she wanted pretty shoes. Well we bought the ones with good support, and I told my sis she would wear them for a few days and switch back to the pretty ones. She did!! :)

Karin Bartimole said...

I love your collage! That photo is terrific - such cool cats :) Your gambling theme seems quite apropos and I'm sure they'd get a kick out it!
What a wonderful time it sounds like you had with your mom! She seems to have a very adventurous spirit for nail color choices - I'm picturing all those colors combined on her test hand and smiling. Could be a new fashion trend :) Shoes to match? ooo la la!!

Patti Edmon Artist said...

love the collage - that's funny, thinking about a bunch of guys trying to look cool. love the story about your mom, too, and all the different colors you painted on to choose just the right one - such wonderful patience, I admire you.

Renee said...

I love all the nail polish trying on. What fun.

xoxox