Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Listen the Wind Is Speaking to You.

This is a mix media piece 12x15..
It was done on canvas fabric with a photo transfer.. Then I applied it to a canvas. It is just a piece that hangs in my studio. It reminds me to stop and look up and take time to listen to the wind when it is sharing the secrets of it's words.. I love the sound of the wind. It sometimes whispers to you softly and then at times it screams at you to get your attention. What I love most of all about the wind, It makes the trees dance..There is nothing more beautiful in nature to listen to the wind sing and watch the trees dance.
This is a piece I have had..I am still stuck in a place where I can not create..It is a bad place for me. I suppose I should just relax and spend more time with God..Maybe he is telling me, we need more time together..So I should listen to him because he is the creator of the wind.

Thanks for stopping by and for those who believe in prayer.. I need your help and those who are searching for the truth. Then you are in my prayers.
Thank for everyone who leaves me comments and stops by..I really do appreciate them all.
May you always dream in color and Hey take the time to look up and listen the wind could be whispering your name.
Also on July 16 Seth at the Altered Page is having a collaboration of blogger's to reach back into the past and pull out one of their old favorite post and re post it tomorrow.. He is calling it the Buried Treasures.. So give my blog a look on the 16th and see what I am re posting from the past.
Also if you have not visited the Altered Page give it a look . I am having trouble linking so I will just put his blog here http://thealteredpage.blogspot.com/. If you have not visited Seth's Blog before you will enjoy.
Thanks,
Katelen

14 comments:

arlee said...

Katelen, thank you for dropping by my blog, and for the kind words.
Your art is very warm and soothing, a little oasis---lovely.

Heather said...

wow, this is really amazing. I love the rich intense colors and the image is great~

Cathy Spivey Mendola said...

Wow! this is a GREAT piece. I haven't been very fond of the wind since living in KY, years ago and surviving many tornadoes. But your explanation makes me want to reconsider the wind. Especially now that I live in the "Windy City" of Chicago.
Hope you are able to sit back and listen and reconnect with your creative spirit.
Thanks for your comments.
Cathy

Campbell Jane said...

Thanks for sharing it's so interesting a piece. I love the use of canvas fabric! Awesome!

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

I like this piece very much and so great to have it as your reminder. Right now I have quotes taped to the wall above my work table...it all works if we just listen! I like the wind too...some people are unnerved by a windy day...but like you, I like the sounds made by the unseen force!

Odd Chick said...

i'm so glad you commented on my blog and I had a chance to see your own blog and this beautiful piece. it seems we have a lot in common - Modigliani, and I also love the wind. Did you know that the Hebrew word in the Old Testament for wind can also be translated as "breath" or "spirit". I think the Greek is also the same. Isn't that cool?
Regarding your creative quietness, I know you will be creating soon. Sometimes, I just get my journal out and force myself to make something, anything. i don't even have to like it, i just have to create. come back and visit soon!

Lani Gerity said...

Thanks for stopping by the 14 Secrets Blog and leaving the lovely comment! And what a beautiful blog you have!

M.A. Wakeley said...

beautiful post, katelen. the work is inspiring... it is nice to be reminded to look up. as for the wind, i love it in the summer time, not so much in the winter but i grin and bear it... god's breath is good :-) xx

Stephen Dell'Aria said...

Your work is always fascinating and full of surprises. I would not worry about the artist's blocks you talk about. Just to sit and ponder is actually doing work on art.

angela recada said...

This is a beautiful, inspiring piece of art!

You will be in my thoughts and prayers, and I hope you work through the things you are dealing with. Sometimes we just need to be still, just being - not doing. This, too shall pass. . .

Hugs,
Angela

Janet said...

This is a beautiful piece. I love how you always have a story to tell about each one. Wind is not one of my favorite things when it roars for days on end like it sometimes does where we live. But a soft gentle breeze is wonderful, and I do love to see the trees dancing.

Unknown said...

This is awesome!

CountryDreaming said...

In fact you are creating in this very post. I will say a quick prayer for you my friend, and hope that you will return the favor.

Unknown said...

great job! love it