Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Born Into Royalty

This is a piece done on recycled paper in acrylic.
I have not been very creative this week. This fun piece just done for the laugh.
The story goes, so you will understand this. Monday my mother's sisters came for a visit. Since neither one can drive. Their children drove them. My mom's oldest sister is 95 and the middle sister is 92. OK, so my aunt Ruby is very hard of hearing, really I am not sure she can hear at all, but really to her it does not matter because she has always done all the talking and really does not care about your voice any way.. I say that in love..My aunt Jewel being the middle sister, to me is always the soft spoken and easy going. My mom was the baby girl.. So you know how the baby girls are.
Now they are all hard of hearing, everyone is talking very loud and all at once..You get the picture . LOL>. So us kids are comparing moms..So one of my cousins said we call mom Queen Jewel, because she always wants it now and and wants it her way.. The funny thing is we all laughed because all sisters are the same.. So we had three queens in one room.
The things is at their age they deserve to wear the crown and if God allows us to become their age then we can wear the crowns..

So I made this one for my dear cousins..If you read my blog you will see..Also I wanted to share this with the rest of the world.. So remember you may not be wearing the crown now but one day you will be in titled to the throne.

Have a blessed day.
Katelen

P.S. May you always dream in color.

14 comments:

M.A. Wakeley said...

what a sweet and funny post. i'm still smiling and can just imagine their voices talking over each other at once! i think we each wear invisible crowns now and they are as unique as we are :-) xx

Janet said...

I could just hear all the chattering. It reminds me of my family only it was always the men who did the talking....my grandpa and my uncles. I hope one day I'll be able to wear the crown. I plan on living a long time!!

Manon said...

Love your post! My mom come from a very large family so when they get together they all talk loud and over each other...lol!

readingsully2 said...

Reminds me of dinner time at my house growing up. :)

Mary said...

Oh what fun you must have had watching the three of them. I am sure it was a blessing for all - especially your mom.

Hugs to you and Mom!

Unknown said...

I love the image of your mother and her sisters! Jewel and Ruby....gems...

Karin Bartimole said...

Hi Katelen, This is just delightful!! Three cheers to the three queens, the crowning jewels - and to you kids for your love and humor. Your artwork commemorating the event and the women is just perfect - so warm and wonderful. blessings to you all, and may you share many more laughs together.

pchickki said...

Love this piece, love the post and the beautiful words you have written.
I find your blog very calming and I am now a follower
Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful work, I truely enjoyed the journey
Hugs
Patti

San said...

I love your crown painting, and the story behind it. Yes, let's hope to wear that crown one of these days!

GalleryJuana said...

Great story. You made me feel as though I was there. And I agree, they deserve the crown once they reach that age!

YourWordsAreMyWeakness said...

Hi there!

You'd mentioned on my blog that you were interested in ATCs.

I do them through a group on DeviantArt.com

The group is here: http://atcfanatics.deviantart.com/

Or I'm just about to post some of what I've done. If you want to do your own I'd love to trade you. <3

angela recada said...

What a lovely post - and how wonderful that you all had this special time together. I love the crown painting!
:0)

ArtPropelled said...

LOL...yes, I get the picture.

Brandi said...

ha!! we always speak with out relatives in love! Great post .. and i love the piece!!