Thursday, July 16, 2009

Going Back To The First Door



If you look at my last post it explains why I am posting from the past.. It is a part of the Altered Page collaboration of looking back into a older post. If you look on Seth's Blog you will see a list of people who are part of this.. I choice this because I had just began my blog back in March 09.
Doors are a important thing in our lives. We can go up and knock and if no one answers. Most of them time we will either wait a few minutes and knock again. Then at this point if no one answers we walk away.. The thing about doors there are so many of them.. If you can not go through the first door, then do not give up..Go to the next DOOR. That could be the door that someone answers your knock and you can go through that door. The reason I am re posting this is to say..Sometimes we have to go back to the first door we knocked at to get our answers.
Life is a journey and we will go through many doors and sometimes you have to return to the first door and realize the answer was there all along behind the first door.. It just wasn't time for the door to be opened.
Thanks Seth at the Altered Page for letting me part of this.. http://thealteredpage.blogspot.com/
Yes I am still having computer problems.
Thanks for revisiting the past. And taking another look at this door..It could be the one.
Katelen

21 comments:

Ro Bruhn said...

This is a great door and another great Seth collaboration. Your door makes you want to se what's on the other side. Thanks for visiting and your kind comments.

Stephen Dell'Aria said...

You're work is becoming ever more engaging with every new post. This piece here really captivates me. The feel of your work reminds me of Louise Bourgeois even though the types of images are somewhat different.

Mary S. Hunt said...

doors...barriers or entrances...hmmm good thought
nice to meet you off seths list

Kim Mailhot said...

Your beautiful door peeking out of that glorious orange background is a perfect buried treasure to share. Very much enjoyed my visit. Cheers !

notmassproduced said...

i like this idea - opportunities behind doors

Laura J. Wellner (author pseudonym Laura J. W. Ryan) said...

I had to hop over and see what you do...what a lovely journey you're on! Thanks for the follow!

Kelly Jeanette Swift said...

What beautiful colors and subtle mystery. Thanks for sharing.

Mary said...

Hi Katelen - thanks for your encouraging comments on my abstracts. Yes, I am using acrylics. I am having fun doing them, though I did not get anything else done this week!! :)

CountryDreaming said...

Well, and here I am again, back from the past when you first started and I was so happy to discover you. You were the blogger I missed the most during my time away this summer. I look forward to catching up on what I've missed. :-)

Ginny Gaskill said...

I love your door! Texture, color, all of it.

Kim Palmer said...

How beautiful is this!!! Love, love ,love the colour! I'm a sucker for doorways too, there's always something wonderful about the possibilities with them. So glad you joined in with Seth's collaboration, I'll be back again too!

Nettie Edwards said...

Beautiful, thoughtful post. Make sure that you take care of yourself while your care for your mom x

3rdEyeMuse said...

I have always been drawn to doors and like what you had to say about them. I love the colors and moodiness of your piece very much.

GalleryJuana said...

Words of wisdom. I like this piece as well.

Creativity is the same. Sometimes we just need time to refill ourselves in a different way. One door to refilling ourselves is our art, but sometimes we need to go through a different door.

Robin Pedrero said...

Wonderful post full of words we all need to keep. Great work!

rivergardenstudio said...

I love to see doorways in art, and to make doorways in my own art too. This is beautiful and strong... gorgeous oranges! Roxann

deb said...

I love the textures and colours of your work, right now I am trying to get through the whole list of buried treasure, but I will definitely be back for more!!

Unknown said...

I am here...LOOKING at this door, I can't wait to stand in front of this door and OPEN it.

A tired retired recluse @ Swallowcliffs.blogspot.com/ said...

Sometimes we go through doors but have not realized it. I liked this post!

Seth said...

I, like so many, love the images of doors and the variety of interpretations that they inspire. Glad you chose to highlight this evocative piece and took part in the collaboration.

Anonymous said...

I love this painting it is so throught provoking, exactly what a lot of artists take years to develop! You're awesome!