Tuesday, July 28, 2009

LET IT GO


This is a piece done on birch panel 12x15 using acrylic. I have found in my art, there should be a meaning behind the piece instead of just painting . That is my way.. If I do not put thought and soul into it..It is just paint. When my feelings are involved then to me it becomes art..
I do not know if all artist feel this way but I have discovered for me it is true.
We hold onto things in our life. Things that make us sad or angry or just confused. We have to let them go..So for me I may not can let them go in my self but in art I can and that is a beginning. Art calms my soul and my thoughts. It is almost healing at times.

So if you are holding onto things that are stopping you from being who you really are. If there are things that are stopping you from taking those steps to a new journey. Then Sometime you just have to let it go..

I know the photo does not show this piece but sometimes it just hard to get the true color and depth. I am finally getting back into my studio and trying just to let things go and be my self.

May you always dream in color,
Katelen

9 comments:

~Babs said...

Omigosh,,I think you painted my cut thumb!
And the tomato!
:-)
Beautiful job of lighting on the hand, by the way.
I also really like "Listen the wind is speaking to you".
You could give Etsy a try for selling your work, it has very reasonable rates, with lots of traffic.

angela recada said...

I know what you mean about needing to paint/create something with meaning or purpose behind it. This painting is wonderful!

Mary said...

Even when a painting or a journal page begin with no particular meaning intended, the meaning emerges as I paint it or later.

This one is full of meaning. It is painful to let go at times - sometimes it feels like we shed blood!!!!

Blessings dear Katelen

Stephen Dell'Aria said...

Dark anxieties caught in a slump. It appears the seeking hand barely touches the energy source for fear it brings too much pain.

notmassproduced said...

good for you - i like this

readingsully2 said...

Love it. :)

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

I agree with you about meaning an art making. Sometimes I think I know the meaning of my work and then later I see a deeper truer meaning. I clicked on your image and was able to see the colors and paint handling...quite beautiful as well as your words.

GalleryJuana said...

"If there are things that are stopping you from taking those steps to a new journey. Then Sometime you just have to let it go."

That is absolutely true. I have a piece that expresses this point to which I have yet to complete.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, you really have a wonderful gift, I love this painting!